Monday, 27 January 2014
Inmate speaks out against detention centre abuse
Last updated Mon 27 Jan 2014
Medomsley Detention Centre
It has emerged that the number of alleged victims of sexual abuse at a former County Durham detention centre has risen to 143.
Durham Police re-opened the investigation into abuse at Medomsley last year.
We have heard from one former inmate, who was subjected to horrific rapes and sexual assaults, who told us how his life fell apart when he confronted his demons.
Kevin Young's testimony helped convict Neville Husband, the prison officer responsible for much of the abuse - but he told Kenny Toal that since then his life has been in freefall.
Watch Kenny's full report below.